Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Annie C. Maguire was headed for Portland Harbor coming from Buenos Aires, Argentina, when it hit the rocks at Portland Head Light in Cape Elizabeth on December 24, 1886.
The Annie C. Maguire was formerly the celebrated clipper ship "Golden State" out of New York.
About This Item
- Title: Wreck of the Annie C. Maguire, December 24, 1886
- Creation Date: 1886
- Subject Date: 1886
- Town: Cape Elizabeth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Cape Elizabeth--Shipwrecks--Lighthouses
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Annie C. Maguire (Ship)--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- Clipper ships
- Marine accidents--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- Ships--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- Shipwrecks--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.