Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Abner Small wrote letters to the Emerson family in Waterville throughout his service in the Civil War.
This one describes the regimental history of the 16th Maine Volunteers.
About This Item
- Title: Abner Small to Luther Emerson, Sept. 21, 1862
- Creator: Small, Abner R.
- Creation Date: 1862-09-21
- Subject Date: 1862-09-21
- Town: Sharpsburg, Waterville
- County: Kennebec
- State: MD, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 135, Box 1/1
- Collection: Abner Ralph Small papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regimental histories--Maine Infantry--16th
- Small, Abner (1836-1910)--Letters
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Personal narratives
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.