Contributed by an individual through Colby College Special Collections
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Jewish students at Colby College in Waterville founded Gamma Phi Epsilon in 1919.
The student council, however, refused to recognize this organization until 1932.
After its recognition, Gamma Phi Epsilon affiliated with the national fraternity Tau Delta Phi, an officially nonsectarian fraternity but one whose members were almost all Jewish.
About This Item
- Title: Gamma Phi Epsilon members, Colby College, 1930
- Creation Date: 1930
- Subject Date: 1930
- Town: Waterville
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Colby College Special Collections
5150 Mayflower Hill, Waterville, ME 04901
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Secret societies--Maine--Waterville
- Greek letter societies--Maine--Waterville
- Group portraits
- Colby College (Waterville, Me.)
- Religious discrimination--Maine--Waterville
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.