Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Portland Company located at 58 Fore St. in Portland, Maine fabricated these street lights along Congress St. in Portland. The Portland Observatory is in the background. The Portland Company crafted engines, locomotives, soda digesters for paper mills, power plants and lighthouse parts from 1846 onwards.
About This Item
- Title: Portland street lights, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 22 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 40/8
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Congress St. (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Portland Co. (Me.)
- Portland Observatory (Me.)--Photograph
- Steel industry--Maine--Portland
- Street lights--Maine--Portland--Congress St.--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.