Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Suzanne Svenson performs on the "Dave Astor Show" in Portland in the 1960s. A graduate of Deering High School, Svenson danced and sang along to popular music with many other high school students on one of Portland's best loved television programs. She later married Charles Kahill.
Broadcast from 5 to 6 pm on Saturday evenings between 1956 and 1971, the "Dave Astor Show" was one of several similar programs across the country combining local teenage talent and national chart-topping music.
About This Item
- Title: "Dave Astor Show," Portland, ca. 1964
- Creation Date: circa 1964
- Subject Date: circa 1964
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 6/4
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Rock & roll dancing--Maine
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
- WGME (Television station : Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.