Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Tina Warming of Brunswick, a regular on the Dave Astor Show from 1962 to 1966, shows off an acrobatic dance move for the WCSH-TV camera.
The Dave Astor Show, originally titled For Teenagers Only, was broadcast first on WGAN (now WGME) and moved to WSCH by 1963. The rock and roll dance show was on the air for 16 years. High school students sang and danced to popular music.
About This Item
- Title: Tina Warming, Portland, 1966
- Creation Date: 1966-04-17
- Subject Date: 1966-04-17
- Town: Brunswick, Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2499
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Rock & roll dancing--Maine
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
- WGME (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.