Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Col. Neal Dow of Portland, commander of the 13th Maine Infantry Volunteers, wrote to Acting Brig. Gen. George F. Shepley, also of Portland, reporting that he had been asked to write reasons he should be the service colonel of the 3rd Bridgade, which Shepley headed.
He said he had not done so "as I thought it time enough to do that when you should desire it, if at all."
About This Item
- Title: Neal Dow to George F. Shepley, 1862
- Creator: Dow, Neal
- Creation Date: 1862-03-31
- Subject Date: 1862-03-31
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20.5 cm x 12.7 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 117, Box 1/2
- Collection: George Foster Shepley papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Career plateaus
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Military service, Voluntary
- Military service--1860-1870
- Recruiting & enlistment--1860-1870
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 13th (1861-1865)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.