Contributed by L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The South Gallery of the L.C. Bates Museum in Hinckley as it appeared around 1955. Although now in different places throughout the museum, most of the animals seen in this picture are still on display in the museum today. Three notable examples are the jackal (upper left), red-necked pademelon (in the bottom of the case next to the children), and the american alligator (case in the back of the room).
About This Item
- Title: South Gallery of the L.C. Bates Museum, Fairfield, ca. 1955
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Location: Fairfield, Somerset County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11.5 cm x 16.5 cm
- Local Code: 2002.29.778
- Collection: Good Will Home Association collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Good Will-Hinckley (Fairfield, Me.)
- Museum visitors--Maine--Fairfield
For more information about this item, contact:L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
Route 201, Hinckley, ME 04944
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.