Contributed by L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A blue marlin on display at the L.C. Bates Museum at Good Will-Hinckley during the 1950s. This marlin, still on display as of 2005, was caught by famed author Ernest Hemingway and was donated by Fred C. N. Parke of Bangor.
About This Item
- Title: Blue marlin at the L.C. Bates Museum, Fairfield, ca. 1955
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Local Name: Hinckley
- Town: Fairfield
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: 2002.29.783
- Collection: Good Will Home Association collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Good Will-Hinckley (Fairfield, Me.)
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961--Associated objects
- Museum visitors--Maine--Fairfield
- Ernest Hemmingway
- Good Will
- L. C. Bates
- L. C. Bates Museum
- L.C. Bates
- L.C. Bates Museum
For more information about this item, contact:L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
Route 201, Hinckley, ME 04944
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.