Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is a slant-top field desk with "T.J. Libby 12th Maine U.S.A." stenciled on the front.
Thomas Jason Libby was 22 when he enlisted as a private in Co. C of the 12th Maine Infantry on Dec. 25, 1861. The 12th Maine served primarily in the Department of the Gulf in Louisiana.
About This Item
- Title: T.J. Libby 12th Maine Regiment desk
- Creation Date: circa 1861
- Subject Date: circa 1861
- Local Name: Prouts Neck
- Town: New Orleans, Scarborough
- County: Cumberland
- State: LA, ME
- Media: Wood, paint, metal hinges
- Dimensions: 80 cm x 65 cm x 48 cm
- Local Code: 1999.41.1
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 12th (1861-1864)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.