Contributed by Maine Historical Society
William B. Adams, fifer for Co. K of the 5th Maine Infantry, kept a register of the names, ranks and status of members of his unit.
He notes whether the men were promoted, discharged, deserted, killed, or taken prisoner, and sometimes what their position in the regiment was.
About This Item
- Title: Status of Co. K, 5th Maine Regiment, 1863
- Creator: William B. Adams
- Creation Date: 1863-02-28
- Subject Date: 1863
- Location: USA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 371, Box 1/6
- Collection: William Bryant Adams Civil War letters and diaries
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Adams, Dorothy K.--Correspondence
- Adams, William Bryant, 1842-1922--Correspondence
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 5th (1861-1864). Company K
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.