Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This dramatic image shows the Pejepscot Paper Company on Main Street in Topsham in the background with the Androscoggin River roiling in the foreground.
George W. Barnes may have been the photographer in April 1895. The photographer's note says, "From Topsham just above Fishway." The electric plant is also in view.
About This Item
- Title: Pejepscot Paper Company, Topsham, April 1895
- Creator: Barnes
- Creation Date: 1895
- Subject Date: 1895
- Town: Topsham
- County: Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 390, Box 5/4
- Collection: Barnes family glass plate negatives
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Adroscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)--Photographs.
- Hydroelectric power--Maine--Topsham.
- Paper industry--Maine--Topsham.
- Pejepscot Paper Co. (Me.)--Photographs.
- Power industry--Maine--Topsham.
- Topsham (Me.)--Description and views.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.