Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This is one of a collection of maps surveyed for the Pejepscot Proprietors to show boundaries and land ownership in the areas of what are now known as Brunswick and Topsham.
Names on the map include Maquoit Bay, Middle bay, Harpswell Cove and Merrymeeting Bay.
During the years of the Pejepscot proprietors' efforts to settle their holdings, three of the Indian wars were fought: the fourth or Lovewell's War, 1722-1726; the fifth or King George's War, 1744-1748; the sixth or French and Indian War, 1754-1759.
These conflicts delayed settlement of the Pejepscot Company's land, and their history is reflected in the documents in this collection.
Scale [1:35,640] 4.5 furlongs = 1 inch.
About This Item
- Title: Brunswick and Topsham, ca. 1730
- Creator: Jeffry, James
- Creation Date: circa 1730
- Subject Date: circa 1730
- Town: Brunswick, Topsham
- County: Cumberland, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 12
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brunswick (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land companies--Maine--Maps
- Land grants--Maine--Maps
- Landowners--Brunswick (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps
- Manuscript maps
- Mare Point (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Proprietors--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Real property--Brunswick (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Topsham (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.