Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This map shows the holdings of the Pejepscot Proprietors, a land company in existence during the colonial period in Maine's history. The Claim includes lands around Brunswick, Freeport, Topsham, Lewiston, Harpswell, and North Yarmouth. This map is part of a collection of maps showing the land holdings and property owners of the Pejepscot Proprietors. Scale [1:174,240] 5.5 miles = 2 inches.
About This Item
- Title: The Pejepscot Claim, September 15, 1764
- Creator: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick
- Creation Date: 1764-09-15
- Subject Date: 1764-09-15
- Town: Brunswick, Freeport, Harpswell, Lewiston, North Yarmouth, Topsham
- County: Androscoggin, Cumberland, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 48 cm x 68 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 1
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brunswick (Me.)
- Freeport (Me.)
- Harpswell (Me.)
- Land companies--Maine.
- Land settlement--Maine
- Lewiston (Me.)
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- N. Yarmouth (Me.)
- Pejepscot Proprietors--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800.
- Real property--Maine
- Topsham (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.