Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This map shows Haly's Island, its acreage and location in the Androscoggin River between what is now known as Brunswick and Topsham.
This is one of a collection of maps commissioned by the Pejepscot Proprietors to show property lines within their proprietorship.
About This Item
- Title: Peletiah Haly's lot, Haly's Island, ca. 1750
- Creator: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick
- Creation Date: circa 1750
- Subject Date: circa 1750
- Town: Brunswick, Topsham
- County: Cumberland, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 31 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 44
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Androscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)
- Brunswick, (Me.)
- Haly's Island, (Me.)
- Land companies.
- Land grants.
- Land settlement.
- Maine--History--Colonial Period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Pejepscot Proprietors--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800.
- Real property.
- Topsham (Me.)
- Early contact & settlement
- Early works to 1800.
- Nature, geography & animals
- Pejepscot Proprietors
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.