Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Maine Centennial, 1820-1920 was held in Portland, Maine, June 26 through July 5, 1920. This float was #1 and entitled "Maine's Centennial Proclaims Welcome to her Returning sons and daughters, and to the strangers within her gates."
On the float are representations of industry (granite), natural resources (lumber), and the figure of 'progress'.
About This Item
- Title: Maine Centennial Parade, Portland, 1920
- Creation Date: 1920-07-05
- Subject Date: 1920-07-05
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.2875
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Centennial celebrations--Maine--Portland
- Floats (Parades)--Maine--Portland
- Parades and processions--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.