Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Clara Mitchell Neptune (1831-1923), a member of the Penobscot Indian Nation from Indian Island, posed at the Maine Centennial celebration in Portland, June 26-July 5, 1920.
This photograph was on page nine of the Thursday, July 1, 1920 issue of the Portland Evening Express.
About This Item
- Title: Clara Neptune, Portland, 1920
- Creation Date: 1920
- Subject Date: 1920
- Local Name: Indian Village
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.2948
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Indian village (Portland, Me.)
- Indians of North America--Maine--Penobscot Indians--Women
- Maine--Centennial celebrations
- Penobscot Indians--Clothing and dress
- Penobscot Indians--Jewelry
- Penobscot Indians--Symbols
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.