Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is a hand-colored photograph of West W. Cooper of Union, who was killed in the First Battle of Bull Run. He was 19 years old.
Cooper enlisted on June 15, 1861 in Co. H of the 4th Infantry. He died on July 21, 1861.
About This Item
- Title: West W. Cooper, Union, 1861
- Creation Date: circa 1861
- Subject Date: circa 1861
- Town: Union
- County: Knox
- State: ME, VA
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 11 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Military--Civil War
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Portrait photographs
- Bull Run, 1st Battle of, Va., 1861
- Soldiers--United States
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Battlefields--Bull Run, 1st Battle of, Va., 1861
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.