Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The image is of a portion of the Cyclorama painting on display at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. The Cyclorama is a 360 degree circular oil-on-canvas painting that depicts "Pickett's Charge," the climactic Confederate attack on the Union center on July 3, 1863. It was completed and exhibited in 1884.
About This Item
- Title: Battle of Gettysburg painting, 1884
- Creator: Philippoteaux, Paul
- Creation Date: 1884
- Subject Date: 1863
- Town: Gettysburg
- State: PA
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 19 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Military--Civil War
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Gettysburg (Pa.), Battle of, 1863.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Battlefields--Gettysburg, 1863--Photographs.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.