Contributed by Maine Historical Society
E Waite and three others members of the Aged Brotherhood of Portland signed a request to furnish member Joshua Dunn with a half ton of coal.
The Brotherhood's members were 65 years and older and "of good moral character." The club's funds were used to help members in need.
About This Item
- Title: Request for help with coal, Portland, 1876
- Creator: Waite, Edward
- Creation Date: 1876-04-15
- Subject Date: 1876-04-15
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. S-397, Box 159/24
- Collection: Aged Brotherhood of the City of Portland records
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Aged Brotherhood of the City of Portland (Portland, Me.)
- Fraternal organizations--Maine--Portland
- Portland (Me.)--Societies, etc.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.