Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Ellen Warren, shown performing on the Dave Astor Show in Portland in about 1962, was the winner of the 1964 Miss Maine pageant.
The Dave Astor Show was broadcast on Saturday nights from 1956 to 1971 and featured local teenagers dancing and singing along to the popular music of the day. Originally titled For Teenagers Only, Astor's program was first broadcast on WGAN (now WGME) and moved to WCSH by 1963.
Candace Carbone Lee and Rainey Edwards are holding Coca-Cola bottles in the background.
About This Item
- Title: Ellen Warren, 'Dave Astor Show,' Portland, ca. 1962
- Creation Date: circa 1962
- Subject Date: circa 1962
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 3/6 DA 8
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Beauty contestants--Maine--Portland
- Dave Astor Show
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
- WGME (Television station : Portland, ME)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.