Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is a view from of one of the battlefields where Maine militia fought during the American Civil War.
The Battle of Gettysburg took place in 1863 and the noted 20th Maine, led by Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, held off the Confederates at Little Round Top.
About This Item
- Title: View from Little Roundtop, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, ca. 1895
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Local Name: Little Roundtop
- Town: Gettysburg
- State: PA
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 19 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Military--Civil War
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Gettysburg (Pa.), Battle of, 1863.
- Little Roundtop (Gettysburg, Pa.)
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Battlefields--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.