Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is a view from of one of the battlefields where Maine militia fought during the American Civil War.
The Battle of Gettysburg took place in 1863 and the noted 20th Maine, led by Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, held off the Confederates at Little Round Top.
About This Item
- Title: View from Little Roundtop, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, ca. 1895
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Local Name: Little Roundtop
- Town: Gettysburg
- State: PA
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 19 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Military--Civil War
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Gettysburg (Pa.), Battle of, 1863.
- Little Roundtop (Gettysburg, Pa.)
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Battlefields--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.