Contributed by Seashore Trolley Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Snow sweeper #01 of the Portland Railroad Company at St. John's Street in Portland. The sweepers mounted at both ends of the car were made of flexible rattan sticks and they brushed the snow off to the side of the track. These cars were particularly useful during light snow falls that didn't quite call for a wedge or rotary snow plow.
About This Item
- Title: Snow sweeper, Portland, ca. 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 15 cm
- Local Code: 2009/2-39-114
- Collection: O.R. Cummings Maine Trolley Album Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Seashore Trolley Museum
PO Box A, Log Cabin Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.