Contributed by Seashore Trolley Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Construction car #69 of the Portland Railroad Company working the lines in Portland. In this photograph, the car - also called a line car - is being used to maintain the wires that provide the electricity that powers the trolley cars.
About This Item
- Title: Construction car, Portland, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: 2009/2-39-87
- Collection: O.R. Cummings Maine Trolley Album Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maintenance & repair--Maine
- Work cars (Railroads)--Maine
- Electric railroads--Cars--Maine
- Railroad construction & maintenance--Maine
- Electric lines--Maintenance and repair
- Portland Railroad Company
- Street railroad employees
For more information about this item, contact:Seashore Trolley Museum
PO Box A, Log Cabin Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.