Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Charles H. Ring of Newport, the son of Almond and Mary Ring, was a musician in Co. E of the 16th Maine Regiment during the Civil War. Ring was killed at the battle of Antietam on November 30, 1862.
About This Item
- Title: Charles H. Ring, Newport, ca. 1862
- Creation Date: circa 1862
- Subject Date: circa 1862
- State: ME
- Media: Tintype
- Local Code: 2007.215.010
- Collection: Vickery-Shettleworth collection of early Maine photography
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Infantry regiments, 16th (1861-1865)--Portraits
- United States. History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maine--Infantry regiment, 16th (1861-1865)--Portraits
- United States. Army. Maine--Infantry regiment, 16th (1861-1865)--Portraits
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.