Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A post-mortem daguerreotype portrait of Mrs. William H. Herbert ca. 1843.
Mrs. Herbert was the daughter of George Barker, a ship captain in Bangor.
About This Item
- Title: Mrs. William H. Herbert post-mortem portrait, ca. 1843
- Creation Date: circa 1843
- Subject Date: circa 1843
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Daguerreotype
- Local Code: 2007.215.009
- Collection: Vickery-Shettleworth collection of early Maine photography
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Herbert, Mrs. William H.--Death and burial
- Herbert, William H.--Family
- Ship captains--Maine--Bangor
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.