Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is an early map of Freeport created when Maine was part of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
This is Map #70 of a large collection of maps commissioned by the Pejepscot Proprietors. The map number was probably assigned later by John McKeen, Clerk for the Pejepscot Proprietors.
"Upper Country Road to Brunswick Falls" depicted in this map, may be Route 1 in Freeport.
About This Item
- Title: Map of Freeport, ca. 1795
- Creator: Stockbridge, John
- Creation Date: circa 1795
- Subject Date: circa 1795
- Town: Freeport
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Pen and ink on paper
- Dimensions: 52 cm x 40 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 70
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Flying Point (Me.)
- Freeport (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Land companies--Maine--Maps, manuscript
- Land grants--Maine--Maps, manuscript
- Landowners--Freeport (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, manuscript
- Pejepscot Proprietors--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Real property--Freeport(Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Early contact & settlement
- Harraseeket Bay
- Maps, Early
- Nature, geography & animals
- Pejepscot Proprietors
- Personal writing
- to 1800
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.