Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This plan shows ownership of lots along the Cathance River in Topsham belonging to the Cathance Millright in 1759.
The Pejepscot Proprietors commissioned maps around the region of Brunswick to delineate land ownership. This plan is "disapproved of" by the Proprietors.
Scale is [ca. 1:7920] Scale statement reads "forty rods to one inch."
About This Item
- Title: Cathance Mill lots, Topsham, 1759
- Creator: Nathan Winslow
- Creation Date: 1759-01-05
- Subject Date: 1759-01-05
- Location: Topsham, Sagadahoc County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 32 cm x 52 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 26
- Collection: Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cathance River (Me.)--Maps--To 1800.
- Land grants--Maine--Maps
- Maine--Topsham--Maps, Early.
- Maine--Topsham--Maps, Manuscript.
- Maine--Topsham--Maps--To 1800.
- Pejepscot Proprietors--Maps
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.