Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 4314
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This black and white photograph shows Walter Hustus and his fellow B-17 Army Air Corps crew members during World War II before they were shot down over Germany in 1944.
The caption reads, "'We Members' of 'Hell's Angel' have attended the Following Missions:" 28 missions are listed beginning with 12/16/43-Bremen, Germany and ending with 4/18/44-Oranienburg, Germany.
About This Item
- Title: Walter Hustus with his squadron, 1943
- Creation Date: 1943
- Subject Date: 1943
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: 2000.76
- Collection: Walter Hustus collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--History--World War, 1939-1945--Regimental histories--Portraits.
- Hustus, Walter (1921-1999)--Portraits.
- The Road Back (B-17 bomber).
- United States. Army. Air Corps--Portraits.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.