Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Gustavus Moore of Gardiner (1842-1915) enlisted as a private into Company B of the 16th Maine on August 14, 1862 at 18 years old. He was promoted to full sergeant, then to full 2nd lieutenant on Dec. 9, 1864.
He was mustered out on June 5, 1865 at Arlington Heights, Virginia.
He returned to Gardiner after the war and operated a stove and tinware business with a partner.
About This Item
- Title: Gustavus Moore, 16th Maine Infantry, ca. 1864
- Creation Date: circa 1864
- Subject Date: circa 1864
- Town: Gardiner
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 6 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 135, Box 1/20
- Collection: Abner Ralph Small papers
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Infantry regiments, 16th (1861-1865)
- United States. Army. Maine--Infantry regiment, 16th (1861-1865)
- Card photographs
- Cartes de visite
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Portrait photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.