Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Daniel A. Spearin of Blanchard was 21 when he enlisted in Co. A of the 16th Maine Infantry on August 14, 1862. He was promoted to full sergeant and transferred to Co. K, then full 1st sergeant and, on December 9, 1862, was promoted to full 2nd lieutenant of Co. F.
Spearin was wounded July 1, 1863 at Gettysburg.
Spearin served for the duration of the war, being mustered out on June 2, 1865 in Washington, D.C.
He may have moved to Colorado after the war.
About This Item
- Title: Daniel A. Spearin, 16th Maine Infantry
- Creation Date: circa 1862
- Subject Date: circa 1862
- Town: Blanchard
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 6 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 135, Box 1/20
- Collection: Abner Ralph Small papers
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maine--Infantry regiments, 16th (1861-1865)--Portraits.
- 16th Maine infantry (1861-1865)--Portraits.
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Infantry regiments, 16th (1861-1865)--Portraits.
- United States. Army. Maine--Infantry regiments, 16th (1861-1865)--Portraits.
- Cartes de visite.
- Card photographs.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.