Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Isaac H. Thompson was commissioned 2nd lieutenant in Co. G of the 16th Maine Infantry on Aug. 16, 1862.
He became 1st lieutenant of Co. I in December 1863 and captain of Co. G. in December of 1864. He was mustered out on June 5, 1865.
Thompson (1838-, of Anson, enlisted at age 24. He commanded Co. G at Gettysburg.
Written on this card is, "Ike" "16th Me. Vols. "...Thompson 1st Lieut..."
About This Item
- Title: Isaac Thompson, 16th Maine Infantry, ca. 1863
- Creator: Blunt, William F.
- Creation Date: circa 1863
- Subject Date: circa 1863
- Town: Anson
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 6 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 135, Box 1/20
- Collection: Abner Ralph Small papers
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Civil War (1861-1865)
- 16th Maine Infantry regiment (1861-1865)
- Card photographs
- Cartes de visite
- United States--History--Civil War (1861-1865)
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry regiment, 16th (1861-1865)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.