Contributed by Maine Historical Society
First Parish Church in Portland performed an "Exhibition of Pictures" on Dec. 15, 1923.
Church members dressed as 29 different well known paintings and posed inside a large gold frame. Samuel S. Talbot introduced the program and described pictures from early Italian to modern American.
Gertrude Buxton played the piano and Emily Eldridge played the violin for the performance.
The entertainment received considerable publicity.
About This Item
- Title: 'Exhibition of Pictures' program, Portland, 1923
- Creation Date: 1923
- Subject Date: 1923-12-15
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 13.4 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1919, Box 17/25
- Collection: First Parish Church (Portland, Me.) collection
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--Exhibitions & displays
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--People
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--Performances
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--Social aspects
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.