Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The cover of the sheet music of "Old New England Moon" features an image of Westbrook native Rudy Vallée (1901-1986), along with a printed message from Vallée, "To mem'ries of boyhood days/That ended all too soon./The home that I call Heaven,/And an old New England Moon."
Dave Vance and George P. Howard wrote the words and music.
It was the highest selling song in August 1930 as recorded by the Rudy Vallée Orchestra.
About This Item
- Title: 'Old New England Moon,' 1930
- Creator: Irving Berlin Inc. Music Publishing, New York
- Creation Date: 1930
- Subject Date: 1930
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 35 cm x 23.2 cm
- Local Code: Sheet Music 2
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Sheet music
- Vallée, Rudy, 1901-1986--Portraits
- Popular music--1921-1930
- Songs with piano
- Names, Geographical--Songs and music
- Country life--Songs and music
- Children--Songs and music
- Piano music
- Howard, George P.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.