Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Two oxen are pulling a sled on Fore Street in Portland.
Looking north, the Custom House is in the background. The sled is in front of the B.S. True Shipping Office and Saml. Waterhouse & Sons Clothing store.
About This Item
- Title: Oxen and sled, Fore Street, Portland, ca. 1895
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 12 cm
- Local Code: Coll. S-5582, Misc. Box 127/6a
- Collection: Nathan Goold photograph album
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fore Street(Portland, Me.)--Photographs.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.