Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Railway connections from Boston and Montreal established Old Orchard Beach as a popular beach resort. During the early 1920s, women's beach fashion was modest and included swim dresses, black stockings, and beach boots. As the decade progressed, swimwear became shorter and more close-fitting.
About This Item
- Title: Women in swim dresses, Old Orchard Beach, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.1718
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.