Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"Float #5" in Portland's Maine Centennial parade carried Fort St. George settlers. The fort was erected by George Popham, represented in front. Popham established the short-lived Popham colony, the first English settlement in New England.
This photograph was featured on page six of the Tuesday, July 6, 1920 issue of the "Portland Evening Express."
About This Item
- Title: Maine Centennial parade, Fort St. George float, Portland, 1920
- Creation Date: 1920-07-05
- Subject Date: 1920-07-05
- Town: Phippsburg, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.2886
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.