Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This Portland Head Light float in the Maine Centennial parade on July 5th, 1920 carried a scaled replica of the lighthouse. The float stopped in front of the Davis Building at 390 Congress Street, indicating that the photo was likely taken from City Hall.
About This Item
- Title: Maine Centennial parade, Portland Head Light float, Portland, 1920
- Creation Date: 1920-07-05
- Subject Date: 1920-07-05
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.2884
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.