Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Pedestrians stroll in Monument Square, in front of Monroe Clothes, which was located at 20 Monument Square from 1924 to 1925. The Evening Express/Portland Sunday Telegram newspaper offices were located nearby at 13 Monument Square. Newspaper staff often took photographs outside the paper's offices.
About This Item
- Title: Street scene, Monument Square, Portland, ca. 1924
- Creation Date: circa 1924
- Subject Date: circa 1924
- Local Name: Monument Square
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.8343
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Portland
- Clothing and dress--Maine--Portland
- Monroe Clothes (Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.