Contributed by Maine Historical Society
John Calvin Stevens' Portland architectural firm created this presentation drawing of the library interior of Professor George T. Files' cottage on Mere Point in Brunswick.
Files (1866-1919) graduated from Portland High School in 1885, and then attended Bowdoin College, Johns Hopkins and the University of Leipsic.
He taught languages at Bowdoin for 27 years, often traveling to Europe to study.
About This Item
- Title: George T. Files house, Brunswick, 1910
- Creator: Stevens, John Calvin
- Creation Date: 1910
- Subject Date: 1910
- Town: Brunswick
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 209, Box 3, Record 801, JCS0707-1-1910
- Collection: John Calvin Stevens architectural drawings and records collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Architectural drawings--1900-1910--Maine--Brunswick
- Architectural drawings--Maine--Brunswick
- Architecture--Designs and plans--Presentation drawings
- Interior design drawings--Maine--Brunswick
- Libraries (Rooms)
- Presentation drawings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.