Contributed by Blue Hill Public Library
Written during the Civil War by students at Bluehill Academy in Blue Hill, this student journal has a hand-drawn picture of a blue and red eagle carrying a banner that says "E. Pluribus Unum" and shield over water.
The journal is identified as volume 3 number 3.
There are 13 stars above the drawing and arrows in the eagles claw.
About This Item
- Title: Bluehill Academy Journal, 1863
- Creator: Blue Hill Academy
- Creation Date: 1863
- Subject Date: 1863
- Town: Blue Hill
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 32.5 cm x 20.5 cm x .4 cm
- Local Code: ARCH BOX 033
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- George Stevens Academy (1891-1943)
- Student publications--Maine--Blue Hill
- Blue Hill Academy
- Student newspapers and periodicals--Maine--Blue Hill
- Schools--Maine--Blue Hill
For more information about this item, contact:Blue Hill Public Library
5 Parker Point Road, Blue Hill, ME 04614
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.