Contributed by City of Portland - Planning & Development
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Stores & Offices at 451-461 Congress Street in Downtown, Portland, was owned by Estate of Mary J.E. Clapp in 1924. An alternate name or address for this property was 2-6 Elm Street. Site of Portland Public Library built in 1979 at 5 Monument Square.
About This Item
- Address: 451-461 Congress Street, Portland, 1924
- Neighborhood: Downtown
- 1924 Owner: Estate of Mary J.E. Clapp
- Use: Stores & Offices
- Creation Date: 1924
- Subject Date: 1924
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print, ink on paper.
- Dimensions: 35.56 cm x 9.84 cm
- Local Code: Block 27A Lot 18 Book 19 Page 1
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Real property--Maine--Portland
- Stores, Retail--Maine--Portland
- Tax assessment--Maine--Portland
- A. Schultt
- Hatchet Brand Baked Beans
- Portland Public Library
- Portland Tax Records 1924
- tax assessment
For more information about this item, contact:City of Portland - Planning & Development
389 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.