Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A map of underground railroad routes to Canada that suggests the ways fugitive slaves escaped to freedom.
The map is from The Underground Railroad from Slavery to Freedom by Wilbur H. Siebert (New York, 1899).
About This Item
- Title: Map of underground routes to Canada, 1898
- Creator: Siebert, Wilbur Henry
- Creation Date: 1898
- Subject Date: 1780 - 1865
- State: PA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 36 cm
- Local Code: Map FF 689; 326 Si15u
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- African Americans
- Antislavery movements--United States
- Fugitive slaves--United States
- Slavery--United States
- Underground Railroad--Maps
- Underground Railroad--Pennsylvania--Maps
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.