Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Saco Falls and Pepperell Mills, Biddeford-Saco, circa 1894. At the left of the picture an elderly gentleman leans on the railing. The Saco Falls and Cataract Falls below them were the major source of the power along the Saco River at Factory Island.
About This Item
- Title: Saco Falls and Pepperell Mills, Biddeford-Saco, ca. 1894
- Creator: W.H. Parish Publishing Company
- Creation Date: circa 1894
- Subject Date: circa 1894
- Local Name: Saco Falls
- Town: Biddeford, Saco
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11.7 cm x 13.8 cm
- Local Code: 2397
- Collection: General Image Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Saco River (N.H. and Me.)
- Textile industry--Maine--Biddeford
- Pepperell Manufacturing Company
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.