Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Boats and schooners crowd the Saco River wharves around Factory Island, Saco and Water Street, Biddeford circa 1894. The lattice work of the Main Street Bridge can be seen at left and the top of the Cutts Mansion is visible to the far right. Both the Pepperell Mills of Biddeford (left) and the York Mills of Saco (right) are visible as well.
About This Item
- Title: Saco River wharves, Biddeford-Saco, ca. 1894
- Creator: W.H. Parish Publishing Company
- Creation Date: circa 1894
- Subject Date: circa 1894
- Town: Biddeford, Saco
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 16 cm x 20.5 cm
- Local Code: 2421
- Collection: General Image Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Pepperell Manufacturing Company
- Textile industry--Maine--Biddeford
- Saco River (N.H. and Me.)
- Piers & wharves--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.