Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Franklin Roosevelt Memorial Bridge connecting Lubec with Canada’s Campobello Island was completed in August, 1962, without housing for U.S. Customs officers. The trailer was moved into place until a permanent brick structure was erected.
About This Item
- Title: Customs office, Lubec, 1963
- Creation Date: 1963
- Subject Date: 1963
- Town: Lubec
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.7 cm x 7.8 cm
- Local Code: 362 jpg
- Collection: Bernard Ross
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Government facilities--Maine--Lubec
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Campobello Island (N.B.)
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945--Commemoration
- Bridges--New Brunswick
- Canada--Boundaries--United States
- United States--Boundaries--Canada
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.