Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
View of the Henry St. John Smith home in Cape Elizabeth. Smith was a banker and world traveler.
John Calvin Stevens designed this building around 1890 in the shingle style for which he was noted.
About This Item
- Title: Henry St. John Smith 'Belfield,' Cape Elizabeth, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Town: Cape Elizabeth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 209, Box 37/5; Record 812.4
- Collection: John Calvin Stevens architectural drawings and records collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Architecture, Domestic--Shingle Style--Maine
- Banking industry--Maine--Portland
- Dwellings--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- Houses--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- Smith, Henry St. John, 1852-1896--Homes and haunts--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- Stevens, John Calvin
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.