Contributed by Skowhegan History House
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Private suite in the Heselton House. Dr. Cowan, seated, was a physician known as an "Electric Healer". This technique was stimulation of bone and muscle by mild electric shock treatment.
"These rooms were sublet for a time to Dr. Cowan, who can be seen seated.
~ Roland T. Patten, Custodian of Historical Views, 1929"
About This Item
- Title: Private Suite of E. C. Heselton, Skowhegan, ca. 1900
- Creator: Somerset Independent Reporter
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Skowhegan, Somerset County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: 161_162_5hezelton6
- Collection: Henry A. Wyman Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Skowhegan History House
66 Elm Street, PO Box 832, Skowhegan, ME 04976
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.