Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
The boned and skinned smoked herring, heads removed, are being packed in wooden boxes. Note the packed box at extreme left.
About This Item
- Title: Packing herring at McCurdy’s, Lubec, 1989
- Creation Date: 1989
- Subject Date: 1989
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Color transparency
- Dimensions: 2.4 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: 349 jpg
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Food industry--Maine--Lubec
- Herring industry--Maine--Lubec
- Smoked meat--Maine--Lubec
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Lubec
- Fish canneries--Maine--Lubec
- Herring industry--Equipment and supplies
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.