Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
The cart of herring from the smokehouse, still on their wooden stringers, are being taken for packing in ten-pound wooden boxes, shown stacked here. This last smokehouse in the United States closed in 1991.
About This Item
- Title: Inside McCurdy’s Smokehouse, Lubec, 1989
- Creator: Mimo, Alberto F.
- Creation Date: 1989
- Subject Date: 1989
- Town: Lubec
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Color transparency
- Dimensions: 2.4 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: 347 jpg
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Food industry--Maine--Lubec
- Herring industry--Maine--Lubec
- Smoked meat--Maine--Lubec
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Lubec
- Fish canneries--Maine--Lubec
- Herring industry--Equipment and supplies
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Lubec
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.